Quickest dinner salad - turkey pistachio parmesan
We've all been there, where grilled cheese sandwich, pasta or take out seem like the quickest options after a busy day. We've all felt like we just can't be bothered to make anything from scratch including grilling a piece of chicken. I've certaintly been there and on days like that I usually make a 5-minute salad that looks somewhat like this, with anything I happen to have in my fridge. No cooking required.
This salad is super easy to make, light yet fulfilling and just simply tastes good. Go easy on extra salt, since the cold cuts and pistachios are already full ot it. I know you probably can’t see the pistachios on the pictures but they are there, believe me. They are a great addition so give it a try!
So these are 5 major ingredients:
1. Organic greens (if possible) – I use a mix of baby spinach, iceberg lettuce and/or arugula.
2. Turkey or chicken breast cold cuts – I added 10 oz of turkey to my salad for two people (that is almost 1.5 containers).
3. High quality parmesan cheese – 1/4 cup, grated.
4. 1 TBS Avocado or EVOO + 1/2 freshly squeeze lemon as a dressing + salt and pepper.
5. Pistachios – for that extra crunch (bye bye croutons).
6. Optional: any other veggies (cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.).
Nutrition per serving (without optional extra vegetables):
290 calories, 12 g fat, 14 g carbs, 34 g protein, 2 g sugar.