Ahead of tomorrow's celebrations are you already wondering what's more worth it: pie or wine? Are you planning your post-Thanksgiving workout?
Follow these 6 easy steps to make the best out of your Thanksgiving feast without feeling guilty or worried about weight gain.
1. Eat your veggies first, protein second, then if you still have room, go for whatever you want. There I said it. Enjoy every little bit.
2. Before you eat or drink anything pause for a second and ask yourself: "Is this food/drink going to make me feel better, or worse, than when I started?"
If you always overeat and then feel like crap the next day, or get gassy and bloated, maybe it's time to change things up a bit. Remember that food is suppose to be about feeling good, not being good. Finish your meal feeling better than when you started both physically (without belly aches) and mentally (without the guilt or regret).
3. Drink a TON of water. Aim for at least half of your body weight in ounces, more if you plan on drinking alcohol. Hydration helps with digestion of both food and alcohol. Also, the day after, it helps with getting rid of what you just consumed.
4. Go for a walk before dinner - I know it's a busy time for everybody but how about spending some time with family outside, playing ball with your kids or taking your dog for a brisk walk.
5. If you want to drink, drink. Don't ponder about it. Often times, indecision causes more frustration and stress than anything else. Have a glass of wine or beer, enjoy it and move on. Same goes for food. Just remember a few too many drinks plus second serving of pie guarantees a 2-3 am wake up call.
6. Lastly, but most importantly make Thanksgiving about people, not food. Celebrate with your loved ones and give thanks for being together.
On that note, Happy Thanksgiving everybody!